How to get to Murchison National Park in Uganda
Murchison Falls National Park can be connected to from these originating areas;
- Tourists on Uganda tours and safaris have two routes connect to Murchison Falls National Park from Masindi. The first passes through the Kichumbayobo gate 85km about 2 – 3 hours’ drive from Masindi town while the second passes through the Lake Albert side 135km about 5 hours’ drive accompanied by great scenic encounters.
- The Uganda safari tour destination of Murchison Falls National Pak can also be accessed via the northern side. Taking Kampala – Karuma – Pakwach road branching off from the road to Gulu after few kilometers from Karuma Bridge. This route opens you to different entry gates of the park including;
- Chobe gate 2km north of the Karuma Bridge.
- Tangi gate 110km west of the bridge of Karuma.
- Wankwar gate which is 10 km off the main highway and several Kilometers from Purongo.
- The Uganda safari destination of Murchison Falls National park can also be accessed by public means. The public buses connect daily from Kampala to Masindi on daily basis from where you can get a private taxi to the park which is cheaper than hiring private means from Kampala.
- Like Queen Elizabeth National Park, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and Kidepo Valley National Park, the Uganda safari destination of Murchison Falls National Park can also be accessed by Air travel. The park has two Airfields namely; Pakuba Airfield and Bugungu Airstrip. One can get a charter or a scheduled flight from Entebbe and Kajjansi to any of the respective Airfields. Aero link operates scheduled flights to Murchison Falls National Park daily.
Map of Murchison Falls National Park Uganda